Current Makeup Routine: part one

by - 12:33 PM




Today I'm sharing part one my current makeup routine with you all! Be on the look out for part two on how I do my eye makeup!
Of course I don't do this every day, but when I want more of a full glam look, this is my current go-to look. It's pretty easy and most of the products are drug store so its really affordable too! If you haven't already seen my video on Instagram on this look be sure to go check it out!

Moisturize

I first start by moisturizing my skin. Always moisturize. This will ensure that your face is dewy and your foundation will be easier to blend. Your foundation will look so much better and sit better on your skin when your face is happily moisturized.
I have always loved using Aloe Vera. It's so good for your skin. I seriously use it every single day. So to find out that there is a moisturizer with aloe in it is absolutely incredible!

Prime
I then prime my skin. Priming is a must when you want your skin looking smooth and your pores looking smaller. I'm currently using Hard Candy's sheer envy primer. This primer feels so smooth on my face. I definitely see a difference between when I use a primer and when I don't.

Beauty Oil
Not only are beauty oils hydrating, nourishing, and benefit your skin, but they also can be used to make your foundation appear flawless. Adding a couple drops with your foundation or applying it onto your skin before can really make a difference in the way your foundation looks. I personally love a dewy look, so I never skip this step in my routine. In this look, I am using my Argon Oil from global beauty care and rubbing it into my skin before applying my foundation.  

Color correcting

So if you have horrible dark circles like me, then this step is crucial. Before I apply my foundation, I like to color correct my dark circles. I have been loving my Physician's Formula Super CC Eye Cream. It helps to color correct and blur any lines I may have under my eyes. I also love using any concealer with an orangey undertone.

Foundation

Finally onto foundation! I love trying out new foundations. I pretty much switch up my foundation all the time, but I always seem to go back to my Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation. It's honestly the only foundation that I've repurchased a second bottle of. I love it that much! It's lightweight and gives my skin the perfect dewy look. I personally love the coverage it gives me. Although it's not a full coverage foundation, it's very buildable and with the help of concealer, it leaves my skin flawless. I highly recommend trying it out!

Concealer

I can never go without concealing my under eyes. I need all the help I can get for those dark circles! Using a brightening concealer works wonders for covering them up. This NARS concealer is all that it's hyped up to be. It definitely brightens my face and hides those unwanted circles. I'm using the shade vanilla.

Powder

I don't always use a powder, sometimes I like to leave my face as dewy as possible. But I do always powder my under eyes and in my T- zone to keep the concealer in place and to ensure that it's not going to crease and settle into any fine lines I may have. I seriously love using my Physicians Formula Organic Wear loose powder. I highly recommend it! I may be the only one, but I like to apply it with a flat foundation brush. It applies loose powder the best in my opinion!

When I do decide to powder the rest of my face, I love using my Rimmel London Stay Matte pressed powder. Another product raved by everyone, but it really is an amazing powder! I just apply this powder with a big powder brush to the rest of my face.

Bronzer & Contour

To bronze my face up a bit I like to use my Revlon Photo ready bronzer in Bronzed and Chic. It can be pretty confusing finding the right shade of bronzer for your skin tone but this one is the perfect bronzer for anyone to give the perfect natural, bronzed look. I apply this with a fluffy kabuki brush under my cheek bones, jawline, and on my forehead.

Then on to contour. To deepen up my cheek bones I actually like to go in with a pressed powder in a dark shade rather than a darker bronzer. I find that a powder blends in to the skin a whole lot better and doesn't leave a harsh line. I like using my Mary Kay powder with tapered contour brush and mainly focus this in the hollows of my cheeks. And then sometimes I like to take a small fluffy eyeshadow brush and contour my nose a little too.

Blush

Blush is another product I love to switch up often. You can never have too many options for blush. I've been loving this shade from L.A. Colors in berry plum. It's the prettiest berry shade, perfect for any look. You can definitely darken the color or keep it light.
Eyebrows

I love using my E.L.F eyebrow kit and eyebrow gel for my eyebrows. I have a blog post where I go more into detail all about my brow routine. You can check it out here

Setting Spray

Setting spray is the finishing touch to your makeup routine. I've been using my Ulta setting spray lately and it definitely ensures that my makeup will stay in place all day!




    
 With Love, Chelsey










You May Also Like

0 comments